Thursday, November 3, 2011

Twenty Four Ounce Per Hour Per Pounce

Themes for today:
To-do lists.
One of my to-do lists has "write to-do list" on it. On a separate list is "write blog about to-do lists". Or, it will say this, so I can scratch it off. I might water my plants and then write "water plants" on the list in order to scratch it off. It's one of those temporal challenged to-do lists that is only created as things are done. Time and tense have no real meaning when it comes to to-done lists and the like.

I had a dream where I was trying to cross off items on such a list. I was mostly having a difficult time reading it. I can and have read things in my dreams, as well as reading and entering numbers. There have been several dream scenes where I am dialing and messing up every time. I concentrate and push the numbers carefully, but I keep getting it wrong. Before the frustration gets too severe, I realize that I might be dreaming, and the call is placed. Or, in most cases, the "text" is sent. When I wake up, I am at the edge of panic as I fear I must have been sleep-texting all night. But I wasn't. It hasn't happened yet where I am actually calling or texting someone in my sleep. Which is kind of disappointing.

I've had a dream about writing a to-do list. It was one of those dreams where I'm watching the scene instead of participating in it. I knew there were some really big and awesome things on that dream-to-do list, but I couldn't see them exactly. I knew some things were crossed off. Big things. Like Magna Carta big. But my head was in the way and I never did figure it out. Also disappointing. 
They tell me it's November. The grass is getting greener, so it must be.

1 comment: