Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Song of a Clash Game of a Tide Of Storm Crow King Thrones Feast

I was on a boat. It was true. Not a metaphorical boat, but a real one. Well, it was a house boat, so maybe "real" is relative. And relatively speaking, the discussion of relativity was a bit more than usual, but less than expected being under all those pinpricks of twinkling points. Lots of 'em. So many stars that the familiar patterns started to blur and become unrecognizable. Seems likes there's a metaphor in there somewhere, out there. Or maybe a lesson. Inverted lesson on the proportion of light to understanding. Something nerd-ish like that.  I was also in Vegas. Not on a boat, but also surrounded by more lights than usual, and more blurring the edges of time, also more than usual. It was a moving TV that I couldn't fathom. I was actually in it. Not a TV show,  but strangers, lights, drama (of sorts) short skirts and riff raff. And back-lot. Studio sets. New York, New York, but not New York, New York. And repeats. Oh yeah, and Brochachos galore. And if we extend the idea (or lack of) of light and metaphor, then I wonder what it means when I say "I got some sun." And in addition to that, but prior to "getting sun" I applied layer and layer of protection. Sunscreen. I'm not very bright, sometimes, but other times... well, bright enough. I didn't burn. Not that I'm aware of at least. Anyway. My mug is now frosted (not a metaphor) and the beer is ready. Gawna queue up some cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment